Established in 1935, our client is a leading provider of freight transportation and supply chain logistics solutions. A family-owned company in its 3rd generation, they specialize in delivering customized logistics management and brokerage services including less-than-truckload (LTL) and full truckload transportation, critical and time definite guaranteed delivery, pool distribution, white glove services, warehousing and much more.
LTL Terminal Manager
This role is responsible for the overall success and management of the service center. This role is responsible for ensuring that the Dispatch, Fleet and Operations Management teams all work together to accomplish the terminal’s goals in a safe, yet efficient manner. This role will also be responsible for providing superior transportation service to customers. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment under
deadline pressures. This role requires excellent verbal and written skills as well as the ability to work with others to accomplish specific goals. This person must be a proven leader and possess the ability to think on their feet and make sound decisions.
Job Type: Full-Time
- People management- oversee the supervision of driver and dispatch personnel.
- Oversee and lead staff training and development.
- Lead qualification, hiring, training and retention of drivers and staff.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and any associated reporting.
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- 2 years of management experience, people skills, computer knowledge, self-motivated, and ability to achieve assigned goals with minimal supervision.
- 2 years of experience in the transportation industry required.
- 3 years of managerial experience in the transportation industry.
- 2 years of LTL and P&L experience required.
- 3 years of experience of overseeing drivers and dispatch personnel.
- 1 year of experience of using extensive knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Class A commercial driver’s license preferred.
- No DWI convictions, suspensions, or revocations of license due to moving violations or accidents.
- Valid DOT medical card.
- Preferred experience: Class A CDL.
- Extensive knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations and the ability to operate in compliance with these regulations as well as within company guidelines.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead both the drivers and dispatch personnel to meet and exceed the customers’ expectations and the goals of the company.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to manage, reward and discipline all employees equitably.
- Adept at problem solving and conflict resolution and time management.
- Strong computer skills to include MS Office.
This position offers a competitive base salary.