Our client is the leading regional parcel delivery company throughout the Southwest, headquartered in Austin, Texas. With over 28 years of reliable time-definite delivery service, they provide a broad range of parcel delivery services with their own personalized Texas touch that you simply can’t get anywhere else. They have a network of 60 locations and 2,000 dedicated men and women to serve you. Their Austin, TX based customer service team is passionate about getting your most important packages delivered on-time, every time. They deliver next day Express Service by 8:30 am, 10:30 am, and 3:00 pm, 2nd day Express Service, and offer 1-3 day delivery Ground Service. They now offer Global service to over 220,000 international destinations with door-to-delivery within 1-3 days.
LTL Operations Manager:
Our client is seeking an LTL Operations Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations on the LTL side of the business.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manage, develop, coordinate, and optimize carrier relationships.
- Grow LTL revenue base to meet business goals.
- Work closely with sales to develop pipeline and close new business.
- Oversee MC/SP recruiting and retention.
- Ensure compliance of all contractors.
- Work with and provide input to the sales team on pricing requests.
- Oversee load assignments.
- Establish procedure for maintaining quality objectives.
- Communicate with master contractors, sales, customers, vendors and operations to ensure customer commitments are met.
- Resolve customer complaints, operational problems and customer service concerns in a professional and expeditious manner.
- Ensure reports are completed on time and maintained appropriately.
- Adhere to and enforce all safe work practices, ensuring the warehouse is compliant with OSHA and other appropriate standards.
- Own service and quality metrics.
- College degree preferred; equivalent work experience may substitute.
- Minimum 5 -7 years’ experience overseeing LTL operations.
- Analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
- Prior P&L ownership preferable.
- Demonstrated success in driving performance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
This position offers a competitive base salary.