Our client is a leading asset-light transportation and supply chain solutions provider offering a full suite of services, including less-than-truckload, truckload, temperature-controlled, intermodal, expedited, and domestic and international air. Our client’s independent contractors and third-party transportation providers provide the freight capacity their customers need. Across all transportation modes, from pickup to delivery, our client leverages relationships with a diverse group of carriers to provide scalable capacity and reliable, flexible service to our more than 35,000 customers. Although our client services large national accounts, they primarily focus on small to mid- size shippers, which they believe represent an expansive and underserved market. Our client’s customized solutions are designed to allow customers to reduce operating costs, redirect resources to core competencies, improve supply chain efficiency, and enhance customer service.
Logistics Account Executive
The Logistics Account Executive identifies and develops profitable business through new and existing relationships while working closely with our logistics operations network and leaders.
Job Type: Full-time
- Develops new business through a variety of prospecting and development techniques, including cold calling and making appointments.
- Builds and maintains relationships with customer accounts through regular friendly and professional contact, including meals and entertainment.
- Collaborates with Operations to understand current customer’s needs and resolve any issues or concerns.
- Develops account pricing and internally submits pricing requests to their supervisor for approval.
- Creates weekly sales reports and account profiles as needed by the supervisor.
- Responds to customer inquiries and concerns in a timely and ethical manner.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of our client's services in all customer and prospect interactions.
- Assists with collections.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provides leadership to other employees through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two years or more of sales experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relies on written and verbal communication.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret pricing agreements, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to customers, prospects, top management, and public groups.
- Communicates internally with all service center departments and Corporate Office and externally with customers, agents, consignees and prospects.
- Technical Experience: Specific industry or position skills.
- Excellent sales skills.
- Extensive experience in refrigerated and reefer customer base.
- Outlook, Micro Soft Word and Excel knowledge.
- Pricing and market expertise to drive future strategic approach
- Managerial experience with the ability to manage time and work efficiently.
- Keyboarding, filing and ten key skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license.
- Involves a high degree of responsibility for working with, safeguarding and controlling highly restricted information, knowledge or important confidences and criterion related to research and development of customer data, future plans, policies, business prospects, finances, etc. the release of which could have a detrimental effect and impact on the company’s affairs or undermine its competitive position.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to maintain confidentiality. Must be friendly, punctual, organized, have a positive attitude and be able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Prioritize and organize tasks.
- Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
This position offers a competitive base salary.