Our client is the largest provider of marine and domestic container chassis and a leading provider of asset management services to the U.S. intermodal industry. They own, lease, and manage over 146,000 marine chassis and 89,000 domestic chassis. They have a strong focus on safety and sustainability and they are a participant in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) innovative WasteWise program.
Logistics Sales Support Specialist
This position serves as a key member of the Commercial team, providing information and reporting on factors designed to improve and optimize the business, such as account analysis, administrative functionality and sales support.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintain and provide day to day customer support as required.
- Compile and issue daily, weekly, and monthly reporting as required.
- Maintain and provide sales support for Domestic Sales team.
- Inform key accounts of chassis use imbalances, potential associated fees and maintain documentation to correct imbalances.
- Coordinate renewal procedures for existing Pool Agreements and leased chassis prior to expiration, to include annual adjustments.
- Perform implementation duties associated to Pool and Lease Agreements.
- Work with Commercial team to ensure linkage between agreements and commitments made with client are properly vetted.
- Maintain document control for all deals, ensuring that customer files are kept up-to-date.
- Provide integration support for new and existing customers.
- Facilitate documentation required for new business transactions.
- Support billing, dispute and collections processes with customers and Shared Services.
- Maintain and produce Salesforce reporting and other internal/external applications as applicable to business unit requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline.
- Three to five years of recent experience in a sales organization.
- Transportation industry experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and follow-up skills.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint) required.
- Experience with Salesforce and Tableau is a plus.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, Chassis, Chassis Pool, COCP, GCCP, MCCP, MWCP, OCEA-N, SACP, Chassis Rental, Chassis Lease, Chassis Yard, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, Customer service, client relationships, customer relationships, client growth, maintain clients, account maintenance, build relationships, grow clientele, grow business, RFP, RFQ, generate sales, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC