Our client's mission is to provide premium transportation services by offering dependable, consistent service with flexibility and ontime guaranteed delivery to their customers. They are a New Jersey-based fully licensed transportation company. Their dedicated teams and preferred carriers, along with their own fleet of trucks helps them provide guaranteed delivery. It is their experience in the field of transportation that sets them apart from the rest. They focus on providing creative and unique solutions for each of their partner's needs.
Logistics Sales Representative
This individual is responsible for directing sales efforts to expand the customer base. This role will be responsible for generating new business and ensuring that sales targets are met or exceeded across all lines of business. This individual should be a motivated customer sales representative with experience and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- The ability to generate new business development and revenue independently through cold calling, prospecting, leveraging network connections all without territory restrictions.
- Create and drive a business plan that successfully meets sales goals and expected profit margins.
- Management of existing business accounts and continuously building customer relationships.
- Perform market research on existing and emerging markets.
- Consistently oversee the freight from origination to destination and take responsibility for any occurrences while solving them both constructively and timely.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivables and accessorial charge management as well as providing all documentation needed for claims resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Business, Communications, Supply Chain Management, Logistics Transportation or other related field of study, preferred
- An active customer base/book of business is preferred.
- Familiarity with load boards, Internet Truck Stop, DAT, freight brokerage is preferred.
- One to three years previous business management experience in the freight industry, including areas of international air, ocean, cargo, import, export, freight forwarding, third party logistics management, warehousing and supply chain preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary