Logistics Sales Manager
City & State:
Warehousing, Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Asset
Our client offers comprehensive supply chain support solutions in the areas of Dedicated Contract Carriage, Local and Regional Truckload, Less than
Truckload expertise, and Air Cargo services.
Job Type: Full-time
Logistics Sales Manager
This role will support the company by developing, managing, and leading the sales team in Chicago. This role will also assist in hiring, directing and training sales representatives, and will act as a player and a coach- bringing on new business in addition to coaching the sales team. This role will also be responsible for focusing on employee performance management and clearly communicating goals and expectations to
the sales team.
- Coach, train, and lead the sales team.
- Work with the HR team to hire sales representatives and develop talent.
- Oversee the sales team and hold them accountable for setting and reaching goals.
- Ensure training and direction for new and existing sales representatives.
- Provide feedback to the sales team by monitoring, reviewing, and providing feedback on calls.
- Communicate with the leadership team on individual areas of development and progress.
- Act as a player and a coach– bring on new business, in addition to coaching the sales representatives.
- Teach, coach and oversee that performance objectives are kept up to date.
- Set sales team profit goals and hold team members accountable for goals and recognize or discipline as needed.
- Oversee day-to-day staff management and the development including recruitment, hiring, performance coaching and annual reviews for direct reports.
- Develop key metrics, lead, coordinate, mentor and oversee the activities and workflow of staff.
- Ensure a positive work environment and awareness of all staff of company goals and objectives and compliance to all applicable employment policies according to company standards.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and assist and direct team members in sourcing and growing customer base.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous management experience required.
- Previous supply chain experience required.
- Proven record of growing business and starting new accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff, schedules and performance.
- Proven ability to develop sales professionals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills over the phone, through written communication, and in person.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
This position offers a competitive base salary.