Our client provides shippers with secure freight transportation that arrives on time. They exceed customer’s expectations by providing strategic transportation solutions to lower costs, increase security, and optimize their shipping and distribution supply chain. They leverage pioneering transportation technology, hands-on customer service, and years of logistics experience to deliver safe and dependable shipping for high risk valuable cargo and general commodities. They offer Third Party Logistics services for FTL freight management and volume LTL freight shipments, along with intermodal transportation, expedited shipping, and private fleet solutions.
Logistics Sales Executive:
This individual will drive sales activities and the acquisition of new business, by utilizing their knowledge of the market and existing relationships.
Job Type: Full-time
- Build pipeline by researching leads, qualifying prospects and creating opportunities to generate new business as well as continued expansion among existing clients.
- Prepare rate proposals to prospective new clients for a variety of transportation services.
- Use your knowledge of the market to provide strategic solutions.
- Make phone calls to new prospective customers to generate new opportunities and grow book of business.
- Build relationships with existing clients to increase current scope of business.
- Drive peak performance and sales success across the organization.
- Report to Sales Director and collaborate with entire sales team.
- Schedule customer visits to build strong relationships and conduct Customer Business Reviews.
- Attends all required training and staff meetings.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor towards customers, visitors, and coworkers.
- Adheres to all Company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2-10 years of sales experience, preferably within transportation, logistics, and /or brokerage environment.
- Subject matter expert (SME) in sales, business development and account management.
- Deals with a mix of strategic and tactical accounts, while making a moderate volume of daily outbound calls.
- Strong phone presence, ability to overcome customer objections and sell Company transportation services with confidence.
- Proven track record in sales, business development and winning new business.
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of new leads, progressing through sales cycle & creating opportunities.
- Knowledge of the operational attention to detail that will be required to succeed within the industry.
- Ability to multi-task and work well with others in a fast-paced environment within strict time frames.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Experience using problem-solving, mathematics, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Entrepreneurial, pro-active spirit.
This position offers a competitive base salary.