Logistics Sales Executive
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Asset
Our client is a logistics company specializing in Asset and Non-Asset freight movements with a focus in Truckload, LTL, and Rail services.
Logistics Sales Executive:
This individual is responsible for selling value based logistics solutions through lead generation which will meet both personal and business goals to expand customer bases. In addition, will identify new business opportunities through contact with perspective clients and cold calls. This person will support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with the company vision and values.
- Interest buyers and purchasing agents in company product or services.
- Address client’s questions, concerns, and needs.
- Monitor and follow up to ensure that loads are moving according to the schedule and expectations of the customer.
- Travel to and attend trade shows when instructed by the management team.
- Communicate load status with customers, customer service representatives, and sales.
- Demonstrate company services and advise clients on how using these products can reduce costs and/or increase revenue.
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers.
- Effectively and efficiently quote customers freight rates on rail, LTL and full truckload shipments.
- Responsible for the preparation of freight bids to clients.
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience within the Logistics and Trucking industry.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional work ethic and ability to work as a team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a passion for sales.
- Adaptability and time management, prioritizing the work load.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and logistics and/or sales experience.
- Advanced knowledge using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.