Logistics Sales Executive
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is a Chicago-based technology-centric logistics startup combining cutting-edge software and high-touch services to create the best possible client experience. They offer freight brokerage and logistics solutions for all major transportation modes, including FTL (full truckload), LTL (partial truckload), flatbed, refrigerated, and intermodal. Their proprietary web-based technology systems helps them serve clients across all industries and geographies. Their goal is to simplify the adoption of technology in the transportation industry to increase efficiency, which saves their clients money.
Job Type: Full-time
Logistics Sales Executive:
This role will be responsible for prospecting and selling services to new customers, managing and growing existing customer relationships, and developing and contributing to the companys overall sales strategy to achieve individual and company-wide goals.
- Grow revenue and relationships with existing customer base.
- Utilize inside sales knowledge.
- Quote formal and spot bids.
- Support carrier reps with the coordination of transportation freight in a cost-effectivemanner.
- Schedule pick-up and delivery appointment times.
- Communicate effectively with customers, shippers, and receivers regarding changes in pick-up/delivery and potential service failures.
- Prospect leads and perform heavy cold calling to build sales pipeline.
- Possess strong account management skills to retain and grow existing accounts.
- Develop and execute field sales business plans to achieve corporate revenue goals.
- Meet or exceed sales quota as defined by the company.
- Track and trace all active orders for current on-time status and proactively contact customers, providing them with shipment status.
- Communicate customer problems to management.
- Remedy customer complaints regarding service to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to the expansion sales strategy and the opportunity to build and shape the corporate culture.
- Perform core-selling activities, including sales call preparation, execution of sales calls and post-call analysis and reporting.
- Bachelors degree in the business or transportation field is preferred.
- 2-5 years experience in the transportation industry with a focus in a sales oriented position.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills, negotiating power and ability to multi-task.
- Entrepreneurial spirited and self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Prior experience working in a deadline driven environment.
- MS Office proficient, as well as, past TMS Software experience is preferred but not required.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.