Logistics Sales Director, Capacity Services (Refrigerated)
City & State:
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Outside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is the leading provider of transportation management services and logistics technology, helping manufacturers, retailers and distributors optimize supply chain operations and increase financial performance. Offering a complete suite of transportation management, strategic capacity, and crossborder and global trade services, their customizable logistics solutions and best-in-class technology gives businesses greater control of their transportation operations and enhanced visibility of shipments and overall supply chain performance. They deliver the optimal blend of actionable business intelligence and operational excellence to manage your supply chain with certainty.
Logistics Sales Director, Capacity Services (Refrigerated):
This individual will identify, manage and close capacity services opportunities focused on manufacturers, retailers and distributors. In addition will develop and build customer relationships at decision-maker levels resulting in capacity, brokerage, intermodal services business and deeper customer revenue expansion opportunities. Also will assess business opportunities and prospect requirements to solve challenges through a sales solution approach for truckload, intermodal, LTL, dedicated, collaborative, cross-border and related services across North America (US/Canada/Mexico)
Job Type: Full-time/Work from home
- Cultivate, grow and close new business with prospective customers through a thoughtful and organized sales process and approach to qualifying and identifying sales opportunities.
- Through in-depth understanding of the industry and the customer market environment, deploy appropriate sales techniques.
- Apply multi-tier approach to sales activities including: calls, face-to-face meetings, prospecting, qualifying, lead generation, etc.
- Align company’s extensive network of managed transportation and brokerage services to fit the transportation network of a particular customer/prospect.
- Prepare and present the value proposition for the company’s capacity services through a solution sales approach to the prospect’s transportation and broader supply chain/operational challenges.
- Plan and prioritize sales activities and customer contact towards achieving revenue goals.
- Provide summaries on prospect interactions, lead generation and customer developments, following prescribed company sales methodologies and processes.
- Maintain complete, timely and accurate representations of all opportunities within the CRM, Salesforce.com.
- Make a meaningful business impact within six months of joining the team.
- Work in accord with the company’s core values (respect the individual, thrill the customer, process and technology excellence and growth & profitability).
- Travel - 50% or as needed to close and achieve year over year sales revenue targets.
- Minimum 3 + years of experience in selling transportation solutions and/or related services to manufacturing, retail and/or distribution companies.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in sales and business development of transportation services.
- Proven ability to drive a diagnostic sales campaign – presenting a thoughtful “reason to take action”.
- Knowledge of sales strategies, proposal/business case development, and lead generation methods to effectively manage a sales pipeline.
- Expertise in listening to the customer, understanding customer challenges, and translating company services into a value proposition for the customer.
- Transportation industry knowledge - including key terminology; and, knowledge of customer industries.
This position offers a competitive base salary.