As the #1 largest sprouted snack food producer, our client passionately handcrafts innovative products using only a handful of simple, easy-tounderstand, high-quality ingredients. Their sprouted snacks are minimally processed— sprouted and gently dried, not baked, roasted, or fried—to give you the nutrition, protein, and energy you need to fuel your day. They produce nearly 50 sprouted seed snacks in their own dedicated, state-of-the-art California kitchen. All their products are organic, non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, and kosher.
Job Type: Full-time
Logistics and Inventory Manager
This role will be responsible for leading efforts to support our client’s supply chain with progressive and proven best practices. This position will touch all supply chain functions with a focus on logistics, warehousing/ inventory, eCommerce fulfillment, and customer service. This driven professional will embody an attitude of continuous improvement and have a high level of both verbal and written communication to ensure that procedures and instructions are in place, understood, and acted upon to meet best-in industry standards. Working across teams, this role will be contributing on special projects as well as day to day process to help grow our client’s brand.
- Build a logistics organization that will drive cost savings by decreasing freight costs.
- Handle transportation bids.
- Pull necessary information and analyze data to recommend/implement changes.
- Provide timely reports and present data to support KPIs.
- Monitor carrier performance and report on KPI’s.
- Plan and execute the transfer of finished goods from co-manufacturers.
- Move raw ingredients from Canada to our client’s contract manufacturers.
- Use freight brokers and 3PL’s to manage freight, minimizing costs while ensuring product integrity.
- Arrange freight and oversee appointments to ensure on-time delivery.
- Obtain BOL and input into QuickBooks.
- Manage kitting work orders (shippers, and Amazon order).
- eCommerce kitting/inventory management.
- Review warehousing, kitting, and freight bills for accuracy.
- Monitor and dispute detention charges and supply chain deductions (short ship, midship, service levels, detention, pallet charges, etc.).
- Monitor inventory at warehouse provider.
- Purchase order processing.
- Conduct weekly inventory reporting to measure shelf life of products (at risk, weeks on hand).
- Monthly inventory reconciliation, manage new item and discontinuation transitions.
- Ensure all sales orders are in the ERP on the same day they arrive and information is routed to support best practices.
- Manage inventory and timing cutoffs with accountability.
- Enter and fulfill sales orders daily.
- Manage EDI orders (SPS).
- Manage all eCommerce order channel fulfillment to a 99% fulfillment and strategize to meet or beat budgeted costs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience within food & beverage supply chain.
- Working knowledge of logistics, inventory, purchase order/receiving management, MRP, demand planning disciplines.
- Experience working in an ERP system, preferably QuickBooks.
- Strong self-starter, determined to drive results.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong MS Office experience required.
- Problem-solver with the ability to plan and act both tactically and strategically.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines and manage projects.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong communication and interpersonal skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage