Our client is one of the largest asset based trucking companies in the US. They own a fleet of over 8,000 dry van trucks running nationally across the 48 states. They started a brokerage in 2008 to move overflow freight off their board and broker out freight from asset-based customers. Their brokerage model is currently based on 100% overflow freight with an opportunity to still break into the market and bring on new organic business.
Logistics Inside Sales Representative:
This position researches, vets, and qualifies assigned prospect accounts. Once accounts have been qualified, this individual solicits business via phone, e-mail, web based platforms, and electronic data interchange.
- Develops a strong knowledge of the transportation industry, the company, and the transportation services that the company can offer to customers.
- Keeps up-to-date with industry trends affecting customers to provide creative solutions to their transportation needs.
- Utilizes an assortment of internal and external sales databases, lead generation tools, and networking sites including CRM, Insideview, Hoovers, and LinkedIn to identify, research, and qualify new customer prospects.
- Transitions customer prospect accounts from qualifying status to soliciting status.
- Develops cold call strategies and utilizes them to interact with and solicit prospects.
- Collaborates regularly with Outside Sales Representatives.
- Solicits, communicates, and interacts with customer leads via phone, email, and social professional networking sites.
- Exclusively sell company brokerage service offering to potential clients.
- Continually solicits committed and non-committed freight orders from a designated and assigned customer base via a multitude of communication exchanges.
- Develops and maintains strong customer relationships.
- Interacts with the Pricing Team to provide customers with freight rates for transportation needs or RFPs.
- Assists with seamless transition of trading accounts to operations team to be further developed.
- Thoroughly notates all account activity in CRM, to include daily solicitation efforts with notes of relevant information from each customer call.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Associate’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of work experience in the transportation industry or customer service required.
- Experience with Customer Service Solicitation, Inside Sales, or Sales preferred.
- Experience working in a deadline driven environment preferred.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Excel and the Internet.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus benefits.