Our client is an FMCSA Licensed Motor Carrier Property Broker specializing in time-sensitive shipments. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon and established in May of 1992, they provide shippers in a variety of industries with over-the-road refrigerated, dry van, and flatbed truck transportation to all areas of the United States and Canada.
Logistics Freight Broker (Cradle to Grave):
This role will be responsible for prospecting new business and maintaining current customer accounts. This position will also be responsible for selling shipments, tracing and tracking shipments, generating business for our client, and providing excellent customer service to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Prospect, locate, and qualify new customer/shipper accounts.
- Create and develop new business from prospective customer/shipper accounts.
- Provide rate quotations to potential customers.
- Locate, recruit, and secure qualified carriers.
- Emphasize the utilization of refrigerated, dry van, flat-bed and other types of transportation equipment to service new customer relationships.
- Sell shipments (for transportation) to qualified carriers.
- Secure appropriate equipment and obtain pick-up and delivery appointments.
- Trace and track shipments to eventual delivery.
- Provide transit and delivery information to customers as necessary.
- Assist in the settlement of freight invoices and freight claims.
- Generate an average gross profit in excess of 12% (annualized).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of brokerage sales and operations.
- 2+ years of customer sales, preferably cradle to grave, experience.
- Verifiable growth track record.
- Pricing and margin integrity achieved through effective negotiation skills.
- Previous experience creating a carrier following.
- Manage KPI’s (i.e. customer development, profitability, market penetration).
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy, persistent, and results-driven individual.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.