Our client is the #1 3PL for cross-border freight between US
and Canada and #23 on Transport Topics index of largest 3PLs in North America. Our client is dedicated to servicing all major modes of transportation including dry van, temperature controlled, flat bed, LTL, and intermodal services
Logistics Customer Sales Representative
The Customer Sales Representative is responsible for ensuring that new
customers and business is fostered. Seeking someone with experience in freight brokerage sales, with a desire to grow professionally.
Job Type: Full-time
- Generate sales leads by inside sales networking, cold-calling prospects and building relationships as part of a coordinated sale strategy.
- Maintain relationships with existing clientele and build business internally.
- Ensure new customers and business is fostered.
- Partnering with internal operations/functional teams to create solutions based on customer needs.
- Create sales strategies by gathering market information, analyzing opportunities, and documenting sales methodology.
- Responding to client prospect inquiries by preparing responses to requests for proposals (RFP-s) and requests for quotations (RFQ-s).
- Prepare presentations and delivering to prospective clients.
- Proven experience in freight brokerage sales, with a desire to grow professionally.
- Minimum 1 or 2 years in sales experience (3PL industry is a plus).
- Ability to attract, bring on, close, and deliver new business.
- Passion for sales, work ethic and a drive to succeed (exceed quota).
- Energetic. Hard Working. Entrepreneurial. Accountable and Pro-Active.
- Organized, detail-oriented – excellent follow-up skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a collaborative/team environment.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills (both verbal and written).
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader