Our client offers moving and storage the way you need it done, with unlimited time, space, and control. When our client invented portable storage in 1998, they introduced the world to a brand new, flexible way to move and store. Now an industry leader, our client currently provides residential and commercial services in 46 U.S. states, Canada, Australia, and the UK. To date, the our client's network has completed more than 900,000 long-distance moves, has nearly 4 million deliveries, and has over 200,000 containers in service.
Job Type: Full-time
The primary responsibility of the Logistics Coordinator is shipment planning and load building for our client’s Inter-Franchise orders using TMW dispatching and order entry software.
- Create orders in TMW.
- Consolidate over 15K partial truckload shipments into full truckload shipments in TMW.
- Manually optimize created shipments into efficient trips with a balance of cost & service.
- Load plan for multiple dedicated OTR fleets, up to 40 drivers per day.
- Load plan for local dedicated Hub fleets, up to 20 drivers per day.
- Determine the best mode for transportation of shipments utilizing knowledge of dedicated and spot market pricing.
- Assign loads to the best fit carrier through TMW.
- Manage communication and relationships with transportation vendors and our client’s staff.
- Prepare KPI reporting for assigned region.
- Track and trace orders with transportation vendors.
- Manage container inventory for markets in assigned region.
- Regular attendance and punctuality required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent, some college desirable
- Minimum 2 years Supervisory experience; OR demonstrated leadership as an agent with our client
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in trucking, logistics, and/or distribution, or its equivalent
- Prior experience using TMW a plus
- Possess math skills sufficient to perform required duties
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Tanker, Bulk, Heavy Haul, hopper, specialized, over weight, special permit, liquid bulk, dry bulk, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, Dispatch, dispatching, dispatcher, terminal, check-ins, track and trace, load times, wait times, scheduling, pricing, rate negotiation, driver management, maintenance scheduling, fleet, fleet management, fleet coordination, driver checks, MC numbers, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC