Our client is a U.S.- based company and has been the trusted leader in floor safety for more than 10 years. Their mission is to provide top-quality, tested solutions that help prevent slip-and-fall injuries. They are focused on surpassing the needs and expectations of their customers by providing industry-leading products, exceptional customer service and reliable solutions to floor safety concerns. They strive to help make your home and workplace safer.
Job Type: Full-time
This role is responsible for planning and executing transportation services. The main responsibilities of this position are focused on determining proper routing and shipping solutions for all modes of transportation, meeting the needs of customers. This role will be responsible for organizing the movement of shipments and will be working closely with internal operations and support teams to resolve logistics issues, invoicing, process documentation and data reporting.
- Daily entry of orders
- Prepare bill of ladings and invoices.
- Track all orders to ensure on-time delivery.
- Daily rate negotiating with truckload carriers.
- Ensure that all loads are covered in a timely manner.
- Perform inbound load planning activities through consolidation of purchase orders, routing and carrier selection to meet service expectations for freight type and delivery date.
- Track loads to ensure on-time delivery and proactively communicate potential delivery delays.
- Identify and select the best mode of transportation to reduce costs.
- Work with carriers to ensure accuracy of freight bills.
- Follow policies and procedures put in place by management.
- Assess service issues and provide root cause analysis to resolve chronic problems (either internal or external).
- Anticipate and proactively communicate delivery issues to customer service.
- Knowledge of hazmat regulations.
- Experience working with TMS systems.
- High level of Microsoft Office software knowledge.
- Maintain a professional manner at all times.
- Extremely organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Extremely effective with communication skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA, E-commerce, mobile shopping, applications, supply chain, affiliate marketing, A/B testing, average order value, bundling, cohort analysis, conversion, cross-selling, cookies, fulfillment, SEO, SKU, Web analytics, Hazmat, hazardous materials, placards, explosive materials, flammable, gasses, oils, combustible, corrosive, endorsements, oxidizer, radioactive, chemical, freight, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC