Our client is a leading Canadian Trucking Company providing Truck Transportation, Logistics and 3PL Services across Canada and cross border to the US. They take pride in being regarded as one of the most reliable and affordable logistic and warehousing service providers in the country. As a logistic service provider, they excel at a range of logistic services, which includes trucking services, warehousing services, logistic services, and a range of other ancillary services. They have years of experience in the business of logistics, warehousing, distribution, trucking and supply chain management services, and aim to provide their clients with convenience, reliability and affordability through their premium logistic services.
Job Type: Full-time
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for completing carrier transactions and collaborating with others internally, supporting peers, and developing themselves to meet the overall objective of providing targeted on-time delivery service level to customers by working with a network of carriers to perform timely, accurate transactions. This position is with our client's brokerage division.
- Negotiate, dispatch, and assign carriers to customers’ shipments to support the company.
- Manage carrier portfolio, including developing strong relationships and operational understandings, helping match carrier preferred lanes with freight, and work with carriers as determined by the company.
- Continually source new carriers for portfolio, developing the same relationships and understandings.
- Proactively communicate pertinent shipment details to/from motor carriers, and our internal team.
- Work closely with senior management to define strategic direction and objections.
- Prior Transportation Industry and/or Logistics experience.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and interpersonal savvy.
- Sound analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional negotiation, decision making and organizational skills.
- Proven communication and time-management skills.
- Strong customer service and relationship-building skills.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
This position offers a competitive base salary