Since 1994, our client has been involved in the grocery distribution business. They offer a full range of products and have gained industry wide experience servicing wholesalers and retailers. They offer competitive prices with on time deliveries that separate them from their competitors.
This role is responsible for planning and executing transportation services from vendor shipping to stores and to third-party cross-dock facilities, ensuring on-time delivery at an appropriate cost and service level. In addition, this individual is responsible for building strong relationships with carriers, negotiating rates, and providing excellent follow-up and customer service. Also, will be handling daily communications with customers and resolving any customer issues in a timely manner.
Job Type: Full-time
- Negotiating freight rates with carriers and freight brokers.
- Verifying pickup and delivery information.
- Coordinate each shipment with multiple parties.
- Ability to provide alternatives/solutions quickly to transportation issues as they arise.
- Finding and searching for carriers using DAT, and Internet Truck Stop. • Scheduling pickup and delivery appointments.
- Dispatching drivers.
- Track & Trace loads.
- Assisting and managing with freight claims.
- Setting up new carriers.
- Previous experience in the transportation or freight brokerage industry is required.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent follow through and follow up.
- Organized and detail orientated.
- Ability to react quickly and re-prioritize loads quickly.
This position offers a competitive base salary.