Our client is a family owned and operated carrier headquartered in Owatonna, MN. They provide transportation solutions to a diverse group of customers with transportation throughout the United States and Canada. Their goal is to provide you with the best service as possible. Whether it is a Truck Load, LTL, or Specialized Logistics, our client will figure out the best solution for you while being safe and cost efficient.
The Logistics Controller will provide strategic financial leadership, oversee all financial operations, and drive the company’s financial growth in alignment with our client’s business objectives. This position’s responsibilities go beyond traditional accounting and encompass strategic financial planning, risk management, and decision support to drive the company’s financial well-being and growth. This position will serve as a key member of the executive leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO.
- Financial Strategy: Develop and execute the company’s financial strategy, providing insights and recommendations to support sustainable growth and profitability.
- Financial Planning and Analysis: Lead the financial planning process, including budgeting, forecasting, and long-term financial modeling. Provide data-driven insights to inform decision-making.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate financial risks, including market, operational, and compliance risks, to protect the company’s assets and reputation.
- Capital Management: Manage capital allocation, including investments, financing, and mergers and acquisitions. Optimize the company’s capital structure for growth.
- Financial Reporting: Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements. Generate periodic financial reports and reports of business statistics and key indicators. Work with outside CPA teams to prepare these documents. Present financial reports to the board of directors and executive team.
- Month-end processes: Supervise to ensure timely closing of books.
- Cost Management: Identify cost-saving opportunities and optimize expenses to improve profitability.
- Financial Technology: Stay updated on financial technology trends and leverage technology for efficiency and data analysis.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with all financial regulations and reporting requirements, including tax compliance, and coordinate with external auditors.
- Treasury Management: Manage cash flow, banking relationships, and liquidity to meet the Company’s operational needs and strategic objectives. Ensure accurate posting of payment on notes and interest. Project future cash needs.
- Team Leadership: Lead and mentor the finance team, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and professional growth.
- External Relationship Management: Work with outside vendors for banking, finance, insurance, and tax services.
- Human Resources & Information Technology: Assist in these areas as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Five to seven years of financial experience and management experience with the day- to-day financial operations of an organization of at least 50 staff persons.
- Transportation or Logistics experience with a preference toward asset-based carriers.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Accounting, bookkeeping, auditing, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, balance, AR, AP, asset, inventory, expense, gross margin, revenue, CPA, Certified Public Accountant, overhead, trends, costs, sales reports, administrative services, receipts, W-9, 1099, ledger, payments, finance, schedules, commission, documentation, invoice, statements, billing, Excel, taxes, transactions, payment terms, accrued expenses, metrics, cost management, OPEX, COGS, CAPEX, actual costs, risks, savings potential, AOP, forecast, VP, Vice President, Regional Vice President, President, Executive, Leadership, Leader