Logistics Business Development Representative - Intermodal
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Outside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is an international provider of innovative, multimodal logistics products and services offering superior customer value focused on effective supply chain management, information systems, quality processes and continuous improvement. Their aim is to create an environment of profitable growth and increased market share, through the development of ethical and mutually beneficial relationships with their valued employees, suppliers, and customers.
Logistics Business Development Representative - Intermodal:
This individual will actively solicit and obtain new business assisting in achieving the company’s strategic financial growth objectives. In addition, will identify potential key major customers representing significant opportunities domestically as well as globally. Also will prospect, analyze, and determine viable opportunities to sell company services through a consultative, facilitative approach.
Full-time/Work from home
- Identify potential market segments and target companies for the full range of services.
- Manage and lead a detailed professional sales process from identification through solution design, to the negotiation and close of new business.
- Lead the discovery and assessment of target customers’ logistics and transportation management needs as directed by their corporate strategies.
- Lead a cross-functional team, including associated logistics service partners, in the detailed evaluation of requirements and the design of solution options that deliver clearly defined value to customers.
- Acting as a trusted advisor, work closely with the customers’ senior and middle management to deliver ideas and strategies that deliver differentiated value.
- Develop and deliver detailed proposals and presentations for services.
- Develop a solid working relationship with internal teams who are key to the success of the customer relationship including IT, Supply Chain Services, Operations, Pricing, Administration, and Finance.
- Participate in transportation events and associations as a senior representative of the company.
- Understand and contribute to the development of the corporate vision and long-term strategic goals; provide input to senior management on the development of these goals such as volume, margin, and revenue growth.
- Cross sell company services when possible.
- Provide input to the annual budget.
- Highway and Intermodal Operations and Pricing: Gather and provide necessary information to get/maintain the business. Update on loads and resolve issues.
- Senior Management: Updates on the business, customers, and any industry trends.
- Credit and Collections: Obtain credit information on customers. Provide support on collection issues.
- Customers: Seek new customers, build relationships, conduct full sales cycle, present opportunities, and close new business.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
- Bachelor / Associate degree in Logistics, Business, Marketing or related discipline is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of proven sales success and experience in the Transportation / Logistics industry.
- Comprehensive understanding of the North American transportation industry including highway (domestic and cross border), intermodal and logistics.
- Strong knowledge of IT based end-to-end supply chain solutions management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Demonstrate an assertive but diplomatic ability to close complex and profitable deals.
- Utilize strong business case analysis selling skills to convert opportunities into clients.
- Ability to clearly identify the customers’ current and future needs and present transportation solutions to them.
- Forward thinker, creative, innovative and entrepreneurial.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Ability to travel across borders as required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, spreadsheets, emails and instructions.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer