Our client is a non-asset based, third-party logistics (3PL) company with a focus on providing safe, reliable, advanced logistics services – Truckload, LTL, Intermodal, and Warehousing– to a wide variety of customers throughout the continental U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Job Type: Full-time
Logistics Business Development Executive:
Our client is seeking a senior-level highly motivated professional that thrives in an environment where hard work truly pays off! This role is responsible for driving a high volume of business by collaborating with carrier partners and shippers alike overseeing the full life cycle of every shipment in your given book of business. In order to be successful in this role, individuals must be able to think quickly in a fast-paced and everchanging climate where your impact is immediately felt in this growing Inc. 5000 organization.
- Conduct lead generation to build a portfolio of clients through a high volume of "cold" calls.
- Organize and manage a large pipeline of opportunities.
- Serve as the liaison between clients, carriers, shippers, and receivers.
- Develop long term relationships with customers by providing first in class customer service.
- Manage the movement of the client's goods, ensuring that they are picked up, transported safely and delivered on time to meet the client's expectations.
- Conduct contract negotiations in order to maintain market competitive pricing.
- Gather information to execute solid independent decisions.
- Collaborate with team members on pricing strategies and solution decisions.
- Continually learn, through internal and external training, in order to stay up to date on market conditions and technology.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years previous 3PL sales experience required.
- Proven sales track record.
- Ambitious, outgoing and success-driven mindset.
- Strong email, phone, and face-to-face communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Elevated interpersonal skills.
- High level of professionalism in dealing with team members and clients alike.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.