Logistics Brokerage Sales Representative
City & State:
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is a privately held and operated third party logistics operation. They are a leading nationwide provider of solutions for transportation and logistics and have grown into one of the finest transportation companies in the US. The majority of their business is related to rail, intermodal and container movement and they own their own containers. Our client has a small and growing OTR truck brokerage business and this is another area of focus for company growth. As a nationally recognized award winning company, our client is the clear choice for rock solid results.
Logistics Brokerage Sales Representative:
The Logistics Brokerage Sales Representative will serve as an integral piece of the new brokerage division. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates that have previous brokerage sales experience with strong Full Truckload knowledge. This role would be a combination of an Inside/Outside Sales professional.
- Develop account relationships with contacts at multiple levels within customer organization via calling and face-to-face visits.
- Identify opportunities to further penetrate accounts by selling a large service portfolio.
- Design solutions and help customers solve their supply challenges through face to face interaction with accounts.
- Prepare pricing options and receive support from the account leadership team.
- Identify issues, seek input from others to determine best course of action and implement solutions.
- Manage customer expectations through the creation and utilization of account metrics.
- Prefer College Degree but time spent in the Transportation Field may be accepted.
- Freight Brokerage Sales Experience (2+ years Experience is REQUIRED.)
- Hybrid Role - 80 Inside Sales/20 Outside Sales.
- Strong Selling Skills.
- Persuasive Negotiation Ability (Carrier, Customer and Margin Integrity).
- Computer Literate (Microsoft Suite: Power Point, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent Skills as it pertains to - Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Organization, Communication Proficiency, Time Management, Sense of Urgency and Team Player.
This position offers a Competitive Base Salary + Commission.