Logistics Brokerage Inside Sales Manager
City & State:
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Asset
Our client is the most respected name in trucking since 1951. From their start with two trucks in Joplin, Missouri to todays 2,000 trucks and locations across North America, they have always prided themselves on their reliable capacity and superior service. Headquartered in Joplin, Missouri, they are a leading provider of time-definite, 53-foot dry-van truckload transportation services throughout North America. Their employees are what set them apart. Their team works together to ensure best in class service and their professional drivers deliver on-time, damage free loads and have 24/7 access to an experienced support team when they need it. This has made the Company's truckload fleet a staple of shippers for more than 66+ years.
Logistics Brokerage Inside Sales Manager:
The Logistics Brokerage Inside Sales Manager will assist in hiring, directing, training, and establishing business controls to support the Company’s daily operations. This role will work to develop new business and penetrate business opportunities within the current customer base. The Logistics Brokerage Inside Sales Manager will also focus on employee performance management, quality tactical management processes and cost control methodologies within the operations to achieve all Company goals & profit levels, continued business growth and long-term relationships with Customers. This role will meet daily customer metric goals, budget adherence, labor and asset management and developing operational improvement programs to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervise a team comprised of non-exempt and exempt employees, which includes providing training, monitoring work quality, coaching employees on performance and contributing to employee pay decisions and changes.
- Responsible for the quality of the results produced by team.
- Contribute to financial and resource planning and improve processes in support of defined area objectives.
- Exemplify leadership qualities that align with and represent the Company values.
- Ensure team effectively manages daily load activities by conversing with carriers and shippers and ensuring that customer expectations are met.
- Define requirements for operation and ensures the implementation of new strategies and initiatives to effectively meet or exceed requirements & customer expectations.
- Work to ensure carrier and customer relationships are managed, developed and maintained.
- Maintain expertise and keep informed of developments and trends as they relate to the business and contribute to the Company’s competitive edge by developing and executing best in class Brokerage and Supply Chain strategies.
- Develop key metrics, lead, coordinate, mentor and oversee the activities and workflow of staff.
- Develop direct reports to increase the bench strength and flexibility of the team.
- Ensure that employees receive appropriate training and resources to perform their jobs effectively and efficiently.
- Manage and facilitate all sales, operations and systems training for staff. Findcreative solutions to engage trainees and stay in front of industry trends and practices.
- Ensure a positive work environment and awareness of all staff of company goals and objectives and compliance to all applicable employment policies according to company standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of Call Center Marketing management experience.
- 1-3+ years of experience handling P&L responsibilities.
- Prior Transportation and Logistics experience.
- Working knowledge of Business and Supply Chain Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills; participate in a team environment and build strong working relationships.
- Ability to effectively manage internal and external client expectations.
- Advanced analytical skills to analyze complex business processes and identify risk; apply sound, well balanced reasoning to reach decisions accurately.
- Ability to create and model a high energy work culture.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of employee development and business development.
- Planning – Strategic and/or Tactical.
- Ability to establish, regulate and communicate metric requirements Performance Management.
- Superior Customer Relation Management skills.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Access, McLeod.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) communicate effectively with support peers, end users and all levels of corporate management.
- Ability to create and host presentations.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities.
- Effectively identify and resolve problems in high visibility, high stress situations.
- Occasional travel to various business locations is required.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus bonus potential
and standard benefits.