Our client is a North American truckload carrier with a life-time of experience in the transportation industry. Their background as a semi-truck retailer continues and is interwoven into our trucking operation. Their unique approach gives them an excellent advantage over other carriers with an extensive fleet comprised of only brand new equipment. That translates to less maintenance costs, virtually no downtime and excellent on-time performance for our truckload clientele.
Logistics Branch Manager
This role's primary focus is to have full responsibility of our client’s Nashville logistics and brokerage office. You will be tasked with building a transportation brokerage office via solicitation of new and/or existing customers, locally and nationwide, recruit a team of experienced professionals to grow and service the business by providing management directions, sales development, customer maintenance and industry compliance. Our client is looking for an individual that is highlight motivated and ready for the next step in their career.
Job Type: Full-time
- Hire and manage personnel with the ability to grow and service the business nationally.
- Generate new business as a result of heavy direct communications with existing customer base.
- Solicit new customers for transportation service business.
- Build strong relationships with trucking company key contacts (i.e., fleets, owner operators, dispatchers and drivers) to secure truck capacity.
- Help ownership set business growth goals and targets.
- Meet or exceed annual net revenue forecast/budget.
- Overlook and ensure compliance with company standards for revenue recognition, invoicing and receivables.
- College diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must have transportation sales experience.
- 5+ years of 3PL/brokerage experience.
- Proven track record of growing.
- Experience in people management and development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Driven, enthusiastic, resilient, agile and highly motivated.
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, P&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations, branch management, customer development, negotiate, business development, carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management, strategic growth, business strategy, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader