Our client has been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores. They eliminate the overhead of a traditional food distributor and focus on the needs of independent foodservice operators. Over the past couple years, our client has grown into the leading low-cost alternative to food service providers throughout the United States.
Our client is seeking a highly motivated, technically proficient and business savvy Supply Chain Analyst for their Logistics Team. This individual will have the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects that have far reaching implication for all stakeholders across our client’s organization.
Job Type: Full Time
- Create processes and methods to gather, analyze, monitor and report on Logistics Data.
- Analyze lane and vendor data to identify opportunities areas within our client’s Supply Chain and lead cost effective and practical solutions.
- Measure performance against targets & benchmarks for various activities and services.
- Identify root causes in the Supply Chain and work to provide solutions supported by data.
- Coordinate and work across internal business functions to investigate and analyze how logistics costs flow through our client’s organization.
- Create Cost Savings Initiatives to improve the operational and cost performance of our client’s transportation models.
- Gather and identify opportunities for process optimization with the Logistics & Supply Chain.
- Standardize inputs and outputs to frequent reports to increase the overall efficiency of the departments.
- Prepare, present and analyze daily, weekly, and month reporting around key metrics to create solutions to drive down costs.
- Create new ideas and projects to improve the performance of the department.
- Manage Inventory Control responsibilities for all the Cross-Docks in the Midwest region and also perform analytics related to Cross-Docks.
- Perform automation of various reporting and processes for smooth workflow in the department.
- Create processes and methods to gather, analyze, monitor and report on Warehouse Data.
- Analyze Warehouse Data to identify problematic areas in our client’s supply chain and suggest cost effective and practical improvements.
- Measure performance against targets/benchmarks for various activities & services.
- Help in identifying root causes within the Supply Chain – recommend solutions and present results in meaningful terms by telling stories with data.
- Gather and identify opportunities for process optimization.
- Perform inventory counts and review completed inventory counts and variances to determine if further research and / or a recount is needed.
- Review Inventory to confirm and resolve issues with items.
- Perform inbound / outbound audits (receipt / returns and outbound orders including transfers).
- Serve as a member of the team by assisting in other areas as needed.
- BA / BS Degree REQUIRED (Preference in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Finance, Economics and / or Accounting)
- MINIMUM 2+ years of relevant work experience as a Financial, Business, Data and / or Logistics / Supply Chain Analyst or a similar role.
- Knowledge of basic Accounting Functions & Terminology
- Prior experience building SOPs and coordinating communication across different functions of the Supply Chain.
- Prior experience in Financial (or other Quantitative) reporting including Development & Maintenance of Reports.
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- High Attention to Detail / Accuracy.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.