|Logistics 3PL Brokerage Manager:
This Logistics 3PL Brokerage Manager will be responsible for driving business growth by effectively responding to the needs of existing and potential customers. Their goal will be to generate new business and ensure that sales targets are met or exceeded across all lines of business.
- Lead and grow a non-asset brokerage operation.
- Fulfill a “Player / Coach” type role.
- Mentor the brokerage team (~20 individuals).
- Provide industry expertise, guidance and support.
- Interview and train new employees.
- Manage day-to-day operations with KPI metrics.
- Conduct employee reviews and set attainable metrics & goals.
- Review sales activity KPIs – including revenue, margin, load count, call logs and CRM adherence.
- Drive both revenue and margin growth across multiple verticals and modes.
- Develop and maintain best business practices.
- Prepare, implement, and manage strategic and operational plans to meet goals.
- Develop, execute and monitor strategic and tactical goals to maximize sales, profit and to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Develop a robust sales pipeline by selling the company’s diverse book of services.
- Develop a comprehensive sales strategy.
- Use data to drive operational and productivity improvements.
- Review customer metrics in real time.
- Work cross-functionally to review pricing, market penetration and service KPIs.
- Assist in developing quarterly / annual budgets and operating plans.
- Ability to learn the company's TMS software.
- Clearly understand goals, policies, and procedures of the company.
- Maintain confidentiality of company information.
- Must possess a four-year college degree in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations Management or other business related field.
- 5-10+ years of prior experience within a traditional brokerage environment with a focus on sales.
- 3+ years of prior people management / leadership experience with proven success leading / mentoring a team.
- Possess an ability to think outside the box.
- Be a dynamic individual with a thorough understanding of the industry.
- Excellent selling, presentation and communication skills.
- This individual should be an energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Must be a strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus bonus incentive and standard benefits.