Load Planner (Refrigerated)
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Carrier Sales (Brokering/Capacity Management)
Shipper (Manufacturer or Distributor)
Headquartered in College Point, NY, our client has been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores. They eliminate the overhead of a traditional food distributor and focus on the needs of independent foodservice operators. Over the past couple years, our client has grown into the leading low-cost alternative to food service providers throughout the United States.
Load Planner (Refrigerated):
The Load Planner is responsible for planning and executing transportation services from vendor shipping to stores and to third-party cross-dock facilities, ensuring on-time delivery at an appropriate cost and service level.
- Plan and tender Produce & Reefer loads to carrier base
- Ensure that all loads are covered in a timely manner
- Perform inbound load planning activities through consolidation of purchase orders, routing and carrier selection to meet service expectations for freight type and delivery date
- Track loads to ensure on-time delivery and proactively communicate potential delivery delays to stores/buyers/management.
- Proactively resolve urgent customer situations related to product delivery
- Identify and select the best mode of transportation to reduce costs
- Work with carriers to ensure accuracy of freight bills
- Develop relationships with current and new carriers and continually negotiate competitive rates with entire carrier pool
- Work directly with buying department to improve load profitability
- Provide "out of office" coverage for other load planners as necessary
- Become expert in Ascend TMS. Utilize the Ascend TMS to optimize transportation process
- Follow policies and procedures put in place by management
- Possess the ability to act equally well in the role of team leader, team member, or facilitator
- Participate in special projects to drive continuous improvement
- Develop and manage key carrier metrics
- Assess service issues. Provide root cause analysis to resolve chronic problems (either
internal or external)
- Anticipate and proactively communicate delivery issues to customer service
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain/Logistics, with previous related internship or similar work experience
- High level of Microsoft Office Software Knowledge.
- Maintain a Professional Manner at all times.
- Knowledge of FMCSA Regulations.
- Experience working with TMS Systems
- HOS Regulations.
- Extremely Organized with Excellent Attention to-Detail.
- Extremely Effective with Communication Skills.
- Negotiation Skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary and standard benefits.