City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Procurement (Materials/Contract Management)
Shipper (Manufacturer or Distributor), Production/Manufacturing
Headquartered in College Point, NY, our clienthas been supplying independent foodbusinesses with quality products from large cash andcarry warehouse stores. They eliminate the overheadof a traditional food distributor and focus on theneeds of independent food service operators.Over the past couple years, they havegrown into the leading low-cost alternative tofood service providers throughout the United States.Junior Buyer:
This position is responsible for assisting with assignedbuyer(s) in the creation of Purchase Orders and theplacement/reorder of products with vendors fordelivery to our warehouses. The scope of the duties ofthis person may vary with each buyer, but normallythe Reorder Clerk will be responsible for a predeterminednumber of vendors. Responsible forreviewing reports for maintaining inventory levels andgrowing sales.Responsibilities:
- Set Up Cycle Sheet: Review Vendors on dailybasis.
- Review and address e-mails regarding anystore issues, out of stocks, short(s) ondelivery(s), pricing issues and any otherBuyer(s) issues.
- Sugo Processing (Suggested Orders),Create Purchase Orders, adjust item forecast,review item history/movement, WKSP(Weeks Supply On Hand).
- Consider: store location, space, vendor,weight, freight, minimums, lead times andcross-dock.
- Review all Emergency Orders.
- Review printed Purchase Orders, maintainingall VFRT (Vendor Freight) requirements.
- Maintain TxH (Ti/high pallet configurations),VFRT, long description(s), short description(s),gross margin, item mark-up.
- Give daily orders to buyers assistant whofaxes them, gets the confirmation, checks theconfirmations and releases these orders. Thebuyers assistant reports to the assistant buyerand buyer.
- Work on old stock items using reports. (Items6 months old w/slow or no movement must beaddressed). Coordinate with each individualwarehouse-status of old stock items andseek resolutions for item discrepancy(s).
- Address Low-Stocks from each branch withurgency.
- Review Suspended and Open Orders.
- Analyze reports including: YOI, Outs,Abnormal Margins, 25-Week Report, & SpecialOrders.
- Participate in vendor meetings tolearn/enhance negotiating skills, productknowledge, and questions to ask a particularvendor(s).
- Review and Resolve any other store issues.
- Minimum of 1 year of Buying Clerk experiencein the food service industry preferred.
- Must be PC literate; knowledgeable withbasic use of MS Office applications, email,UPC bar code knowledge and productknowledge of Restaurant Depot warehouseitems.
- Customer Service-oriented, detail-orientedwith exceptional follow-through, retainexcellent communication skills, and have theability to multi-task under time-sensitivedeadlines on a daily basis.
This position offers a competitive base salary and standard benefits.