Our client is a third-party logistics (3PL) and intermodal marketing company (IMC) providing transportation sourcing and logistics management to clients across North America. With offices in Pennsylvania, Texas, Minnesota and Tennessee, their team works around the clock to ensure their clients' shipments are delivered safely and on time, and that they are kept in the loop throughout the process.
Intermodal Terminal Manager:
Our client is seeking an Intermodal Terminal Manager who will strategically manage the intermodal team and grow a global network of business partners within the transportation and logistics industry.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day operations and work flow of the intermodal team.
- Leverage existing carrier relationships and develop new carriers to deliver solutions for our client’s customers.
- Interact and build drayage vendors and carrier base to expand intermodal business.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the company’s specialty services, internal resources, competitive strategies and customer requirements.
- Convey and report the intermodal team and individual accountability to key leadership members.
- Deliver clear expectations to promote a positive work environment that is challenging and engaging.
- Proactively address concerns, conflicts, and interactions with team members.
- Train and develop new and existing employees.
- Establish short and long-term goals for the intermodal department and employees.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of previous operations experience in the rail industry, including areas of drayage, ramp to ramp, port operations, and cargo/containers.
- Previous experience in managing teams and building interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to anticipate and facilitate problem-resolution on all load issues to meet or exceed required service expectations.
- Ability to work independently while supporting an overall team mentality. • Possess an analytical approach to logistics planning and creatively solve challenges.
- Ability to effectively negotiate market freight rates with customers.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Exude a competitive nature and a desire to surpass existing goals.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present professional proposals.
- Highly analytical with above average computer and networking skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.