Intermodal Operations Representative - Domestic Pool Services
City & State:
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Railroad, Equipment Operations, Equipment Leasing, Asset
Our client is the largest provider of marine and domestic container chassis and a leading provider of asset management services to the U.S. intermodal industry. The company owns, leases, and manages over 146,000 marine chassis and 89,000 domestic chassis. They have a strong focus on safety and sustainability.
Intermodal Operations Representative - Domestic Pool Services:
This position will support pool managers with reconciling depot reports and ad-hoc reporting. This role reports to the Domestic Operations Manager.
- Support and maintain depot activity report.
- Review and reconcile depot activity report to reduce discrepancies for all locations and become subject matter expert in the chassis activity reporting.
- Maintain communication with the depots of all changes in inventory as well as maintaining the reports in company SharePoint.
- Maintain a report for all chassis dwelling out-gated longer than 5 days. Maintain clear notes of reason why any chassis is over 5 days.
- Maintain a bad order chassis at or below 2% of the assigned fleet. Reach out to vendors to have chassis returned.
- Maintain out bare report and provide as needed.
- Maintain bill for bare out-gates to customer.
- Maintains CMS Chassis movement and confirms that EDI are logical.
- Supports and facilitates Pool Managers’ job with ad-hoc reporting.
- College degree preferred or minimum three years of business experience.
- Minimum one-year of experience in the transportation industry is required.
- Advance skills in MS Office software applications.
- Ability to identify problems and seek solutions.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and efficiently to meet daily requirements.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers.
- Conscientious and dependable.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR