Our client is an international provider of innovative, multimodal logistics products and services offering superior customer value focused on effective supply chain management, information systems, quality processes and continuous improvement. Their aim is to create an environment of profitable growth and increased market share, through the development of ethical and mutually beneficial relationships with their valued employees, suppliers, and customers.
Intermodal Logistics Coordinator:
This role will complete the load booking and dispatching processes through all of the interchanges according to customer expectations to ensure their needs are met or exceeded in a timely fashion. This individual must have intermodal knowledge including industry shipping methods and carrier costs, products and services in order to meet customer needs. Job duties may be added or taken away due to operational/business needs and requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Meet and exceed customer requirements at every stage of the order fulfillment process.
- Analyze load information from the customer in order to determine and verify the appropriate routes and rates. Enter the information in the system.
- Source equipment based on the most cost-effective routings to satisfy customer requirements, working within the parameters and guidelines related to profitability and rates.
- Coordinate with pricing and equipment capacity to secure equipment options and power.
- Ensure the system contains complete and accurate details of the order. Notify the customer of any potential delays or problems pertaining to the order.
- Resolve any issues with the loads as they arise. Escalate as required.
- Remain in contact with the customer throughout the duration of an order. Communicate both positive and negative occurrences.
- Build carrier relationships. Communicate drayman changes to the Pricing department, ensuring best carrier match to customer requirements.
- Manage the pick-up to ensure customer and carrier requirements are met. Obtain paperwork (bill of lading, customs documents) for movement.
- Prepare and transmit rail instructions for movement (EDI or fax), keeping abreast of changing rail requirements.
- Coordinate load status for higher volume customers with Tracing Team.
- Reschedule deliveries and resolve issues if required.
- Trace and monitor shipments to ensure on time performance to customer.
- Communicate tracing information (ETA and appointment) to the customer.
- Manage accessorial and equipment charges as identified. Provide follow up communication to the customer, drayman and Accessorial Administrator accordingly.
- Keep the customer, Operations and Sales teams updated on significant issues or trends.
- Maintain account notes to document specific customer requirements.
- Update and interact with 3rd and 4th party websites, accepting load tenders, inputting status, appointments, and accessorial charges.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
- Minimum 1-year of intermodal experience in the transportation industry.
- Complete understanding of intermodal procedures within North America.
- Strong knowledge of North American geography.
- Knowledge of Canadian and U.S. customs procedures is an asset.
- Knowledge of cross border transportation is an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Working knowledge of Transportation Management Software (e.g., SAP, AS400).
- Dedicated commitment to providing superior, timely, internal and external customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written form.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills in a team environment.
- Team cooperation and respect is required.
- Strong negotiation skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic