Independent Freight Agent (IFA)
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Outside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client's objective is to be the best transportation partner available today and they believe in establishing long term personal relationships. Their goal is to become more than just another logistics company or big box broker. Instead, they want to become a valued partner in helping their customers grow their business. They want to give customers a competitive advantage through attention to detail and dedication to results.
Independent Freight Agent (IFA):
This role is responsible for operating and managing an independent station and book of business. This position will focus on multi-level relationships with customers including: networking with customers, building strong relationships, obtaining information from various parties to understand internal activities and find selling opportunities. The company will handle the carrier payment, administrative and accounting functions to support your book of business. This agent program is designed for experienced representatives that are looking to transition their business to a solid and reputable company. All types and modes of transit will be considered.
Full-time/Work from home
- Generate and attract new customers for your book of business.
- Identify and execute revenue enhancing strategic partnerships.
- Manage, renew and up-sell existing clients.
- Book and route orders with carriers.
- Trace and track and manage shipments in an ongoing fashion.
- Price and quote work and projects to your client base.
- Sell all service offerings provided by our client within the logistics industry.
- Respond to RFPs with a high degree of detail and in a timely manner.
- Close sales opportunities by understanding the customers' needs and offering the best solution based on our client’s company’s services.
- Minimum 3+ years of outside business to business sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have stable and transferable book of business within the transportation community.
- Tradeshow, Retail Fixture, POP Fixture and live event experience is beneficial.
- Proven track record and reputation required.
- Must have excellent communication, customer service, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and maintain solid working relationships with clients and staff.
This position is a commission based position and offers an above industry standard in profit share and split.