Import Operations Analyst
City & State:
New York, NY
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Freight Forwarding, Asset Transportation
Our client is one of the oldest companies of logistics in Italy having started the activity in 1874. Our client is a leading company in the freight forwarding sector. Our client is ranked in the top five Italian logistic providers. Serving the main multinational companies, they can be considered as the “market leader” in shipping of chemicals, but they have a rooted presence in other important industrial sectors like the mechanic, stone, paper, and food stuff. Our client offers a flexible and personalized service, providing customers with long tradition know-how and most advanced technological tools to build a long-term partnership.
Import Operations Analyst
The Operations Analyst is a key member of the operations team supporting data management, client reporting, trade processes, and problem resolution. The Operations Analyst is responsible for identifying defects in business models and operations. The Operations Analyst is responsible for supporting and monitoring inbound and outbound transportation operations. The Analyst works to ensure they give superb customer service. The Analyst works to improve a company’s productivity and revenue making procedures. The Operations Analyst coordinates with every department, meets with managers, and assesses their work processes.
- Confer with logistics management teams to determine ways to optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, or minimize cost.
- Populate and update systems and track shipments.
- Maintain databases of logistics information.
- Prepare required shipping documents including BLs, PODs, commercial invoices, etc.
- Organize routes, manage carrier payments, and address conflicts between the customer and the carrier.
- Monitor and support container moves on ocean and in-land (rail and truck routes) freights.
- Ensure carrier compliance with customer requirements.
- Provide delivery updates and history as requested by customer.
- Promptly answer to customer via email and phone.
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Ensure all charges are billed correctly including detention/demurrage/pre-pull/port open charges.
- Prepare reports on logistics performance measures.
- Evaluating data.
- Performing statistical analysis.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- A friendly professional demeanor and ability to excel in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite especially Excel & Outlook.
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn and adapt to change.
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, Hazmat, hazardous materials, placards, explosive materials, flammable, gasses, oils, combustible, corrosive, endorsements, oxidizer, radioactive, chemical, freight, Industrial equipment, machinery, heavy haul, overside, materials, metals, woods, plastics, extrusions, adhesives, leasing, drop-site, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC