Founded in 1995, our client has grown to be among the world’s leading freight forwarding and logistics service provider. Their established network of offices and agents efficiently handle air, ocean, and land operations throughout the United States, Asia, and Europe. Their close relationships with major carriers in the industry make them a specialist in ocean transport, especially among transpacific trading routes. They’ve grown to be more than a globally ranked NVOCC (non-vessel operating common carrier). They proudly offer a wide variety of services to cover the entire supply chain, serving as a “One Stop Shop” that provides cost-effective management of goods, in order to bring their customers a peace of mind.
Import Customer Service Representative
Our client is looking to hire a Customer Service Representative in their San Francisco office.
Job Type: Full time
- Manage all aspects of international trade from origin to destination with a focus on last mile services.
- Interface with global logistics partners to coordinate international shipments.
- Guide clients through the complexities of international trade.
- Collaborate with other teams internally to ensure the highest level of service possible.
- Communicate with vendors, truckers and customers to provide freight solutions & high-end customer service experience. • Handle general shipping documents.
- Coordinate and arrange shipments.
- Monitor and track shipments.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Preferably majors relating to Supply Chain or related but not required.
- Min. 2 years’ experience related to Freight Forwarding/Logistics.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Next-level logistical problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to go above and beyond for clients.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it.
- Professional email communication and the ability to follow-up timely.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Time management and ability to prioritize shipments.
- Bilingual in Chinese will be a plus but not required.
- U.S. resident.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC