Our client maintains their exceptional lineage by only employing the most experienced supply chain professionals in the industry. Their knowledgeable team comes with years of history working for cargo owners, ocean shipping lines, truckers, warehouse 3PLs, and some of the largest customs brokerage firms in the country. Their people are their greatest asset and the reason they are sought after.
Import Clearance Agent
Our client is currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated Import Clearance Agent to join their family-like company culture. This position will be mainly responsible for the accurate and timely transmission through U.S. Customs and Border Protection. This position will be the liaison of overseas offices, customers, CBP, PGAs, and other involved parties to efficiently clear imported goods through U.S. Customs. This role will also be responsible for prioritizing, scheduling, and routing shipments to their final destination. This role requires previous import experience and excellent attention to detail. This position also requires managing multiple tasks efficiently, working well under pressure, and meeting deadlines in a time-sensitive environment. This position will report directly to the Import Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
- Gather required documents and perform document review and assessment for accuracy.
- Verify key data elements for entry in adherence to federal/international regulations, and our client’s SOP.
- Responsible for the complete shipment process which includes arranging pick-up of inland transportation, booking, document preparation (bill of lading, invoicing, certificate of origin, import documentation) forwarding and following up with tracking and tracing through final delivery.
- Perform audit review on all assigned entry files and duty payments to U.S. Customs.
- Enter various operational/customer data in software systems, work to identify missing or potential operational or service concerns, and communicate with appropriate groups as necessary to resolve.
- Coordinate import shipments such as opening import files, production of internal documentation, updating shipment statuses, assisting and advising customers of arrival, tracking/tracing shipments, and arranging deliveries.
- Prepare and assist with running operational reports related to customs brokerage (e.g. ISF report), operational reports, and finance related reports.
- Process PGA declarations, including FDA, DOT, FCC, F&W, TTB, USDA, etc.
- Receive and process various documents for accuracy, which requires operational knowledge of customers, carriers, and procedures.
- Maintain file maintenance, including new account set ups, PO tracking, input, comments and other tasks as needed.
- Engage in effective and efficient communication to set all expectations with clients, vendors, shippers, carriers, and all involved parties throughout the process.
- Develop working relationships with internal and external customers, assist with account management such as maintaining customer profiles, details and service needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of international freight forwarding experience with ocean and air products.
- Customs entry and product classification experience.
- Knowledge of international quotation and understanding of Customs clearance process and other PGAs.
- Possess solid knowledge of domestic and international geography.
- Possess an understanding of requirements of timely delivery of import cargo.
- Experience with preparing basic reports, queries, and operational information.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- A desire to progress within the team, demonstrating the ability to take on more responsibility over time.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC