Our client, founded in 2012, is growing and expanding across the US. They value Loyalty, Integrity, Family and Transparency. They are a truckload brokerage headquartered in the Chicago market with a plan to grow organically with the right team.
Job Type: Full-time
Human Resources Manager- Transportation
This role is responsible for managing both the strategic and day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department.
- Create employee handbook.
- Develop and execute an onboarding process.
- Review and update all company policies to ensure compliance to HR policies and Federal and State employment laws including unemployment, FMLA, discrimination, health and safety, privacy etc.
- Maintain all employment records in accordance with the laws.
- Handle all recruiting aspects, including recruiting and screening candidates, scheduling and conducting interviews, and onboarding new employees.
- Drive the development of a good business climate/culture by providing insights through training and leadership advancement.
- Address and resolve employment related issues, monitor employment related claims, conduct workplace investigations as appropriate.
- Provide counsel and guidance on matters related to employee relations including onboarding, performance management, corrective counseling, issue mediation and creating positive work environment, and simple investigations.
- Administer all employee benefits plans, including group health/dental/vision, 401(k), pre-tax accounts, accident & disability, and life.
- Track employees eligibility for benefits, process enrollments and terminations, handle COBRA matters.
- Supervise annual benefit plan renewals, explore self-insurance options, negotiate coverage, services and costs with brokers and other third party partners.
- Handle and respond to communications received from Federal & State agencies (IRS, Dept. of Revenue, Dept. of Employment Security, DOL etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- Minimum of 5 years of HR experience.
- Previous industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience creating employee handbooks, onboarding, and handling other HR functions.
- Ability to work cohesively and efficiently on a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and follow through.
- Energetic, detail-oriented and highly motivated.
- Good computer skills required (Word, Excel and Access).
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, HR, human resources, talent acquisition, recruiter, administration, onboarding, training, coaching, development, job descriptions, recruiting, payroll, policies, procedures, personnel-related, disciplinary, termination, employment, employee review, reference, background check, offer letters, employee relations, performance review, compensation, public inquiries, goal attainment, staffing, grievances, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer