Our client was established in Shunde, Guangdong Province in 1993. They are the largest integrated logistics service provider in China and the fourth largest in the world, have consistently built on its service capabilities, and have diversified into seven segments, namely time-definite express, economy express, freight, cold chain and pharmaceutical, intra-city on-demand delivery, supply chain and international business (including international express, international freight and freight forwarding, and supply chain), revolving around the establishment of a logistics ecosystem. Meanwhile, leveraging their leading technology research and development capabilities, they will strive to create a digital supply chain ecosystem, and become a front runner in the global smart supply chain.
Head of Freight Forwarding Sales - Small Parcel
Our client is currently seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Head of Sales to join their growing team. The Head of Sales is responsible for brand building and exceeding sales targets. This role will also support the country offices to explore new revenue streams, improve margin and support service enhancement.
Job Type: Full-time
- Oversee commercial performance.
- Achieve country-specific sales revenue and profit targets.
- Achieve individual sales targets.
- Monitor country’s business performance & allocate sales targets to each individual sales person.
- Balance company’s interest as well as business growth.
- Uncover customers’ needs and understand customers’ shipping profiles.
- Manage current customers and develop new customers so as to support market development.
- Guide and manage sales and marketing teams to explore customers’ needs and identify key customer groups. Prioritize resources to support service development and sales acquisitions
- Align sales and marketing strategies with Group and Regional Office.
- Fine-tune, formulate & implement sales and marketing programs to address local- specific requirements.
- Think creatively and provide solutions to cope with local market situation.
- Work closely with HQ to align direction and derive corresponding sales & marketing programs.
- Build and develop a high-performing sales and marketing team.
- Facilitate and support sales training / coaching programs. Develop performance-based culture.
- Regularly conduct sales audits.
- Oversee and implement pricing policy, discount approval authority and timely maintenance rate setting.
- Work closely with OS to review published tariffs, develop discount policies and approval authority.
- Oversee the maintenance of published tariffs, discount off setting in the system.
- Develop country-specific sales & marketing programs to address local requirements.
- Facilitate the implementation of sales and marketing programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree with a major in sales & marketing or related disciplines.
- Over 10 years of sales and marketing experience, 5 years of which must be in managerial position gained in logistics or express delivery industry preferable.
- 5 years of logistics experience is preferred.
- 6 years of B2B sales experience is preferred.
- 5 years of management experience is preferred.
- Sound knowledge in account management, marketing communication, advertising and promotion essential.
- Business acumen with proven record of achievements in sales and marketing.
- Strong leadership to lead team to exceed targets.
- Bilingual in Chinese preferred.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA, Expedite, Just in time, just-in-time, last minute, package delivery, last-mile, team drivers, sprinter van,, Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, E-commerce, mobile shopping, applications, supply chain, affiliate marketing, A/B testing, average order value, bundling, cohort analysis, conversion, cross-selling, cookies, fulfillment, SEO, SKU, Web analytics, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader