Our client is a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies. With an outstanding reputation for quality, their company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories.
Global Supply Chain Manager:
As a key part of the Operations team, this role will be responsible for helping to lead sourcing, supply chain, and strategic logistics activities across the organization. This role will report to the Director of Supply Chain and will need to partner significantly with the various operations teams and others across the business to influence and drive critical outcomes on procurement projects. Areas of focus will be:
- Leading and driving bottom line impact through savings and margin improvement projects.
- Managing cross-business unit freight and logistics strategy and projects to create additional value, efficiency, and savings.
- Creating and maintaining analytics for cost improvement visibility and high levels of communication.
- Working with the supply chain team to establish metrics and scorecards to show achievement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders in the business and with suppliers by creating a clear supply network to ensure compliance with procurement procedures, negotiated deliverables from partners, and cost improvement opportunities.
- Primary leadership of freight and logistics initiatives across the organization to include:
- Identifying and managing projects that create value to the business.
- Partnering with the business units to ensure effective implementation.
- Establishing compliance and performance metrics to measure how we are doing.
- Possess heavy systems knowledge and use to enable cost savings analytics tools, ensuring visibility and communication within the organization.
- Work with the supply chain team to create sourcing plans for the organization designed to deliver the appropriate supply base and best commercial outcome.
- Serve as the key contact for the Asia operation for providing systems training and support.
- Support the strategic sourcing process by coordinating item data, specifications, selection criteria, questionnaires, contract schedules and documentation to ensure that the most appropriate supplier selection is achieved in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Lead or support commercial negotiations to ensure goal achievement and the best commercial outcome.
- Help the supply chain and operations teams to identify, prioritize, and execute cost improvement opportunities.
- Have active involvement with current and prospective suppliers during procurement activities and projects.
- Ensure that the business selects the most appropriate partners by considering the business requirements and evaluating these commercially to achieve the best value for money solutions.
- Drive the execution of the new vendor process so that the relevant KPIs, controls, and supplier management standards are defined in the contracts and internal process.
- Work with the Sourcing Analyst to perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
- Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques.
- Discover and partner with trustworthy vendors and suppliers.
- Create and maintain methodologies for supplier metrics and scorecarding.
- Assist in the development and implementation of process improvement initiatives.
- Work with Quality team to ensure appropriate controls are set.
- Support new product development projects as needed.
- Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned and required
- Bachelor’s degree in operations, supply chain, industrial engineering, logistics or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in global sourcing, procurement, or supply chain management.
- Strong background in global freight and logistics solutions.
- Heavy experience in ERP systems, as well as with the extraction, analysis, and presentation of system data.
- Successful experience operating in an internally matrixed function while driving initiatives organization wide.
- Proven experience as a process leader.
- Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point) and Adobe Illustrator.
- Ability and experience in working directly with factories and contract suppliers.
- Experience in a regulated environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts and methodologies.
- Experience with change management.
- Negotiating and selling skills.
- Ability to develop, track, analyze, and report/communicate on projects and supply chain metrics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Strong project/time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple highpriority demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of how to optimize landed cost with supplier and delivery risk through tough negotiation, good vendor selection, and appropriate contract terms • Superior root cause problem solving skills.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Travel up to 25%, including overseas travel.
This position offers a competitive base salary.