Our client is bringing instant commerce to e-commerce brands. Their platform enables brands to position inventory hyper-local to their customers, enabling unique post-purchase interactions centered around a sub-2hr delivery experience.
Fulfillment Operations Manager
As an Fulfillment Operations Manager for our client you will lead the West Coast region of their network. Your main focus will be ensuring a great customer experience, from order placement to order delivery. To do this, you will lead and develop teammates and partners in both fulfillment and transport functions. You will be in charge of maintaining the highest levels of safety, quality, performance, and service all while enabling scalability. This role will require flexible hours and the ability to work out of multiple locations within your region, primarily Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Job Type: Full-time
- Developing and managing performance goals and objectives to exceed customer expectations through timely execution, accuracy, and quality.
- Partnering with the Senior Leadership team to establish and maintain quality control standards while ensuring all issues are escalated appropriately, along with recommendation and/or resolution status.
- Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives and Lean tools, including partnering with the technology team to give feedback and drive improvements.
- Clearly communicating policies to team members and acting as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed.
- Leading all regional safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment while ensuring procedures are followed for building security and for product-loss prevention.
- Creating, managing, and supporting recognition and communication programs.
- The Highest Personal Integrity
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 - 4 years of experience (4+ years of experience if no degree)
- 3+ years of management experience in a fast-paced manufacturing, production, or distribution environment preferred
- Growing leader with the capacity to expand scope and responsibility, and are willing to put in the work to earn it
- Lean Six Sigma or continuous improvement experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding that data rules, and are comfortable with conducting analytics to make recommendations and decisions
- Self-starter that doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- Have a long-term perspective and value "right" over "fast", considering the company’s growth in every action
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and make recommendations in order to determine the path forward
- Extreme Ownership: The ability to work autonomously and generate results
- Flexible Schedule: After all, our client is a startup.
- A Creative Problem Solver: The ability to solve problems that haven’t been faced before
- Accountability of Others: Willing to hold people accountable, including self, and take appropriate action to protect the business
- Communicator: The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with appropriate tact
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, E-commerce, mobile shopping, applications, supply chain, affiliate marketing, A/B testing, average order value, bundling, cohort analysis, conversion, cross-selling, cookies, fulfillment, SEO, SKU, Web analytics, ECommerce, Last Mile Shipping, Final Mile Shipping, Final Mile Delivery, Last Mile Delivery, Hot Shot, Courier, General Industry Osha Standards, Staff Management, Line Management, Workload Planning, Movement Monitoring, Inventory Levels, Training, Receiving, Dock Operations, Inbound, Outbound, Value-Adding, Picking, Packing, Kitting Operations, SCRUM, Location Management, Reconciliation, Process Management, Process Improvement, SOP, Materials Control,Plant Safety, Staging Management, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management