Our client is the only technology company that connects brands with consumers through an all-in-one integrated subscription platform for physical goods together with technology enabled direct to consumer physical goods fulfillment. This enables their customers to build brand loyalty and grow their businesses while inspiring a sense of belonging in all of their customers. Headquartered in Silicon Beach, they focus on physical goods memberships, subscription and direct to consumer order fulfillment services in the health and beauty segment. Their software solutions and technology enabled services enable great brands and passionate entrepreneurs the ability to sell physical goods directly to consumers while providing 100% access to realtime data and deep customer insights and access to otherwise unattainable delivery postage rates. Easy. Fast. Transparent. They are the enablers of selling direct. Now, more than ever, selling direct, creating recurring revenue, cultivating forever members, and taking control of your customer data and insights is critical to protecting and growing your brand.
Job Type: Full-time
Fulfillment Facility General Manager
Our client is looking for an experienced Fulfillment Leader to manage its facility in Foothill Ranch, CA. The facility is on the verge of doubling its through-put because our client signed several significant new customers and several existing customers in east coast facilities growing to the point to quality for multi-node shipping on the west coast. The facility is the smallest of our client’s three facilities and relocation to a significantly larger facility located in the Inland Empire in the next three years is likely. The facility has traditionally been the epicenter of our client’s co-packing, assembly and business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-small-business (B2B) fulfillment and distribution. The facility does pick line work, table work and batch picking order fulfillment work and supports a large number of small clients. It also supports west coast multi-node volume for our client’s largest customers. All picking is to preprinted paper pick lists and client packing list and invoice documents.
- Manage and lead a high-tech fulfillment facility.
- Provide ongoing metrics and reporting with consistent recommendations for improvement across all facility functions.
- Focus on attention to detail for labor management that drives technology-enabled fulfillment for personalized and custom orders performance.
- Maintain quality and accuracy goals for all outbound shipments and inventory through BIC processes that achieve or exceed company Service Level Agreements with clients.
- Oversee product flow and implement new processes as required in order to improve efficiency and to support growth in new client accounts.
- Implement and distribute best practices to/from the fulfillment center network at the site.
- Increase productivity within the facility in all aspects of operation and on all levels.
- Develop and maintain appropriate processes and procedures, including but not limited to, FDA and state regulation guidelines, product quality standards, inventory management, shipping standards and guidelines both domestic and internationally.
- Identify and implement process improvements within the supply chain.
- Remain up to date of emerging trends in fulfillment and warehouse technology and software to develop solutions suited for future growth.
- Listen effectively and engage with empathy, open to new ideas, willingness to accept directives, engage with a people/business mindset.
- Maintain all on-time customer requirements with the ability to consistently meet deadlines, quality goals and service levels.
- Set clear goals for safety, customer experience and productivity and successfully deliver on them.
- Demonstrate agility and adaptability to recognize opportunities for change and implement strategies and tactics to enhance quality and quantity of output.
- Respond effectively to all forms of communication.
- Support the scalable growth of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated successes in labor utilization, workflow and process innovation, step/touch reduction and labor cost control as opposed to industrial engineering, systems or automation.
- 10+ years of progressive fulfillment management and P&L experience, including forecasting and managing financial targets.
- 5+ years previous leadership in a fulfillment setting.
- Proven track record of scaling fulfillment operations to support a fast-growing company.
- Ability to think operationally and strategically through having strong analytical skills that involve analyzing data and information and turning it into a cohesive and responsive action plan.
- Personable self-starter able to exercise independent judgment.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- High degree of personal accountability and mental agility are key elements for success along with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong time-management skills; ability to work under deadlines and excellent follow-up skills.
- Polished and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative spirit with a positive attitude.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, E-commerce, mobile shopping, applications, supply chain, affiliate marketing, A/B testing, average order value, bundling, cohort analysis, conversion, cross-selling, cookies, fulfillment, SEO, SKU, Web analytics, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, SKU, EDI, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management