Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, our client is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Their innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. They have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging their national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and their manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, they operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 55 manufacturing plants and 33 distribution centers. To enable their continued growth, they are looking to add top talent to their dynamic organization.
The Freight Manager is responsible for effectively managing all operations within the freight department. This includes order management, customer service, payload efficiencies, equipment maintenance and driver management and administration, including hiring decisions and driver qualification. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Practice proper PPE compliance and maintain a safe working record and environment.
- Immediately communicate unsafe conditions, acts or injuries to the Plant Manager.
- Manage operations to meet or exceed budget targets.
- Provide excellent customer service; meet or exceed expectations daily.
- Maintain proper communication with customers and CSR’s.
- Manage fleet maintenance, repairs and safety inspections.
- Effectively schedule and plan loads to ensure maximum payload efficiencies.
- Manage driver administration (selection, hiring, training, performance evaluations and discipline).
- Conduct accident investigations with Plant Manager.
- Conduct and facilitate quarterly and monthly freight safety meetings.
- Ensure compliance with company and Plant policies.
- Maintain and build job skills through company training programs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College degree preferred
- Commercial Driver Training preferred
- State and Federal DOT compliance training
- Previous CDL holder and OTR experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal DOT regulations and freight issues
- Understanding of the complexity of dispatching loads
- Courteous/friendly/positive representation of ADS
- Familiarity with all ADS products
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Industrial equipment, machinery, heavy haul, overside, materials, metals, woods, plastics, extrusions, adhesives, leasing, drop-site, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, SKU, EDI, Dispatch, dispatching, dispatcher, terminal, check-ins, track and trace, load times, wait times, scheduling, pricing, rate negotiation, driver management, maintenance scheduling, fleet, fleet management, fleet coordination, driver checks, MC numbers, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management