Our client was founded in New York City, in 1989, as a U.S. Customs broker, international freight forwarder, and logistics provider specializing in the movement of artworks and antiquities. They are well known for their Fine Arts division and has since expanded into international logistics solutions with a focus on Technology, Life Sciences, Energy, Marine, Aerospace, Retail, Trade Show, and Household Goods.
Job Type: Full-time
Freight Import Operations Specialist
Under the direction of the Import Operations Manager and Team Leader, this role will facilitate import transactions in full compliance with government regulations in a timely manner while providing quality customer service.
- Provide quality customer service by responding to quote requests and other inquiries in a professional and timely manner, collaborating with other team members to offer problem resolution, and providing estimates as needed.
- Set up new accounts with customer maintenance, accounting, and payment terms, and insurance compliance, as well as obtaining and verifying Powers of Attorney.
- Create and maintain import files including system logging, file setup, documentation, communications logs, rating, billing, and other related items, ensuring accuracy.
- Enter and provide ISF, Customs, and OGA clearances for all import entries.
- Comply with all governmental agency—Customs, BIS, TSA, USDA, FDA, USFWS, DOT, etc.—rules and regulations, as applicable.
- Develop, provide, and maintain quality client and vendor (steamship lines, terminals, truckers, etc.) relationships, ensuring daily updates as needed.
- Assist Manager and/or Team Leader with operations issues, including customer satisfaction, profitability, and interface with other branches.
- Prioritize and organize shipments to insure timely and efficient handling.
- Assist with local accounting operations, including but not limited to checks, daily statement payments and accounts payable invoice coding.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of systems including CargoPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel and FileMaker, as applicable.
- Participate in conferences, meetings, and training courses as applicable.
- Comply with all of the company’s policies and procedures.
- Keep supervisor informed of workload and any problems as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1+ year of experience in processing customs entries in ACE.
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven understanding of import requirements and flow.
- Customer-focused, can-do attitude.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures specific to a client.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC