Established in 1971, our client has been a proactive player in the evolving world of international transportation and logistics. Their mission is “ to be the most competitive global transportation & logistics service provider, integrator and consultant.” Our client aims to meet customers’ diverse needs by providing their clients efficient and effective total solutions in a flexible, professional and cost-conscious manner. Near 50 years, they have progressively expanded their service network on a global scale.
Freight Forwarding Sales Executive
The Freight Forwarding Sales Executive is responsible for selling international services (Air & Ocean) to our client’s customer. This individual must be self, motivated, proactive, and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Job Type: Full-time
- Prospect and identify potential customers based on our client’s service capabilities.
- Generate leads through cold calling, networking and referrals.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure the accounts are serviced to the highest potential.
- Make 50 telephone calls per week to potential new customers.
- Make 12 to 15 face to face calls per week (after Covid pandemic).
- Manage customer expectations and negotiate the best cost-effective solutions
- Use company CRM for customer data.
- Achieve KPI for target Calls, appointments, revenue and gross profit.
- Ensure successful completion of day-to-day commitments to customers and internal team members.
- 2-3 years of experience in selling air and ocean transportation
- Self-motivated, Proactive, Extrovert
- High energy and strong desire to achieve top results with a positive can-do attitude over the phone and in person
- Expertise at quickly building rapport and strong business relationships; team focused mentality
- Strong verbal and written communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, coachable, and resilient attitude
- Goal oriented, self-disciplined, and self-motivated to produce results
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills
- Passion for problem solving innovation and flexibility to drive scale of business
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC