Freight Forwarding Sales Executive
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Outside
Freight Forwarding (Ocean/Air/Domestic)
Our client is a fully licensed American Ocean and Air Freight Forwarder, as well as NVOCC - a reliable International Logistics Corporation headquartered near the Los Angeles International airport and port. Their staff is dedicated to satisfying their customers world-
wide. With over 45 years of combined experiences they will be able to assist you in handling your daily shipping needs. Over the years it has been very important to them to maintain an excellent relationship with U.S. Customs, as well as other regulatory and enforcement agencies. Whether you are interested in import and/or export you will be pleased to haven
chosen them. Together, they can provide their customers with a complete door-to-door service.
Freight Forwarding Sales Executive:
Our client is seeking highly motivated and competitive Freight Forwarding Sales Executive who is experienced in selling International Freight Services, as well as, providing consultation on major accounts. This role requires a successful track record of prospecting and selling transportation and logistics services to small, medium and large international freight clients. This role will be responsible for Business Development, increasing the Company’s Carrier Partner Network and promoting Operational Excellence.
Job Type: Full-time/ Work from home
- Strategically position profitable solutions with new customers with a focus on domestic and international freight products and services.
- Build density as the Company expands offerings in foreign markets such as Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
- Hold specific knowledge regarding international and domestic freight forwarding, gateway operations, as well as, staying current on market trends.
- The ability to generate new sales revenue independently and for a designated geographic region.
- Develop an entrance strategy for cold calling, qualifying and effectively connecting with prospective business partners.
- Create and drive a sales plan strategy that successfully meets monthly sales goals and initiatives.
- Utilize internal tools to negotiate market freight rates for customers.
- Exude the highest level of customer service to both internal and external business partners and set the expectations that the task given will be completed to their satisfaction.
- Account Management to retain and grow current client base.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Company's specialty services, internal resources, competitive strategies and customer requirements.
- Expand and cultivate the Company’s carrier and agent network while developing new partner relationships.
- Promote, monitor, and engage employees to exceed metrics and organizational goals.
- Coordinate and strengthen efforts and communication with Sales and Logistics Account Executives allowing for maximum visibility of the international service portfolio.
- 3-7+ years Sales experience in International Freight Forwarding focused on high volume accounts.
- Prior experience in International Operations is recommended.
- Knowledge and understanding of international freight forwarding, domestic and gateway operations.
- Ability to independently develop new business opportunities outside of the Company’s network of customers.
- Ability to effectively communicate, maintain relationships and negotiate with customers.
- Ability to strategically analyze and pursue opportunities to deliver continuous growth to the organization.
- Excel in high stress situations with Senior and C-level executives with the ability to not only present clearly but also effectively overcome objections with skillful persuasion using data-driven negotiation and tact.
- Ability to travel to meet the demands of training, staffing, and customer expectations.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.