Our client is a logistics company headquartered in Manalapan, New Jersey. They specialize in transportation, supply chain, and warehouse management. They’re privately held and founded in 2008, and they have gained industry recognition for 5 years running as one of the fastest growing logistics companies in the industry.
Freight Forwarding Operations Manager
This role is responsible for maintaining and enhancing profitability of our client’s international business unit and ensuring the highest standard of customer service.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintain and enhance profitability of our client’s international business unit.
- Confer with customers to evaluate and promote services in all areas impacting customer service.
- Plan and manage all sales and marketing activities in conjunction or consultation with the Sales staff.
- Maintain the highest standard of customer service, business conduct, and operations control in accordance with corporate policy.
- Be held accountable for all credit applications in conjunction with the COO & CFO.
- Conduct proper auditing of all expenditures.
- Responsible for branch budget preparation and execution.
- Ensure continuous and satisfied communication with all partners and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain a competitive and high standard service for operations such as air & ocean carriers, trucking and suppliers.
- Review and negotiate on a regular basis to ensure competitive prices and services are provided.
- Report and conduct thorough investigations for any service failures, accidents, misconducts, security issues or claims to the concerned department for immediate support and/or response.
- Responsible for performance evaluations of the company’s staff in consultation with management.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a branch manager.
- Extensive operations and sales management experience.
- Ocean and airfreight experience both export and import.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, P&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations, branch management, customer development, negotiate, business development, carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management, strategic growth, business strategy, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management