Freight Forwarding Branch Manager
City & State:
Carol Stream, IL
Freight Forwarding (Ocean/Air/Domestic)
Our client is a Freight Forwarding Office for a larger 3PL Company seeking Outside Sales Executives in multiple markets and prefer candidates that have a background in 3PL, Freight Forwarding (Air and Ocean), LTL or TL and want to be part of an exciting growing establishment.
Freight Forwarding Branch Manager:
As the Freight Forwarding Branch Manager, this role will maintain a position of leadership for their Ocean freight and other freight forwarding products. This role will serve as a functional lead for strategic development within the overall market and the product champion on Ocean freight and the OWL NVOCC specific initiatives.
- Direct and manage all Ocean Freight, OWL NVOCC and Freight Forwarding services in the branch.
- Meet or exceed established business and profit growth targets; accountable for product P/L at the branch level.
- Establish and assure operational implementation and compliance with processes and procedures for handling the Ocean freight product.
- Maintain strategic relationships with appropriate Ocean carriers and negotiate contracts, including pricing and service standards.
- Manage the vendor (Carrier) base to assure strategic compliance with pacer goals and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement new business with established and new customers in the market.
- Develop and implement new product and service offerings to meet customer needs in conformity with goals and objectives.
- Work with staff members to ensure individual and branch KPIs are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10+ years of experience in Operations for a Carrier, Freight Forwarder/NVO and/or Consolidator/3PL.
- Experience in the European trade markets and a solid understanding of other Europe-related trade lanes.
- Solid existing relationships with the Ocean Carrier industry.
- Prior Sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop, manage, lead and communicate effectively with staff.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus bonus potential and standard benefits.