Our client has a 45-year track record of excellence in Freight Forwarding and Logistics. They are well established, well-funded and profitable. They have corporate offices covering the world (very focused in Asia) and are a top twenty global air forwarder and are among the Top Ten in the Asia/US market. They are experiencing tremendous growth, and with this growth opportunity abounds.
Freight Forwarding Branch Manager
The Freight Forwarding Branch Manager position will be responsible for managing the station, its staff and clients, with responsibility for the station’s P/L and future growth.
- Interfacing with Global HQ and USA HQ and furnishing company business reports
- Maintaining current clientele and expanding the company’s revenues and profits with new business
- Plan for future development and contingencies, encompassing economic and global changes
- Responsible for setting an example for the employees by exemplifying and demanding appropriate conduct, good character and a strong work ethic. Responsible for fostering teamwork and productivity through strong leadership and guidance.
- Recruit qualified candidates to perform the assigned jobs
- Regular meetings with staff to evaluate their performance and potential and to find out the difficulties they encounter
- Keep proper files and records to ensure the office is in compliance with Customs and Government regulations
- Assist sales team in creating marketing and pricing strategy and ensure desired results are achieved Ensure healthy AR/AP flow
- 10-15 years of experience in a managerial position
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study
- Exposure to the Asian markets
- Strong people management skills required
- Background in Asian-based forwarding companies (China, Japan, Korea, Indian Subcontinent)
- Operations and warehouse knowledge preferred
This position offers a competitive base salary.