Freight Broker (Cradle to Grave)
City & State:
Des Moines, IA
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Asset
Our client began servicing customers in the Red River Valley of North Dakota as a truck brokerage service in 1980. They have doubled its fleet size, expanded its brokerage, and launched a refrigerated fleet. They also provide flatbed trailer and dry van operations as well as storage trailer services. They have offices in Grand Forks, Sioux Falls, and Des Moines.
Freight Broker (Cradle to Grave):
This role will be part of the Brokerage Operation team and will be responsible for assisting in the process of connecting shipments with available truck capacity to meet service expectations of our customers. In addition will build new business relationships with potential customers and servicing those accounts.
- Selling services to potential and newly acquired customers.
- Cover freight by leveraging carrier relationships and working load boards.
- Negotiate rates with shippers and carriers.
- Coordinate the shipment from dispatch to on-time delivery.
- Provide best in class customer service to both shippers and carriers.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues using critical thinking skills.
- Solicit business from current and prospective customers.
- Research and understand market trend
- Key results areas: business development, loads tendered, revenue generation and margin levels, and carrier/customer development.
- Transportation/Logistics background and/or equivalent college degree.
- Minimum 1 year of trucking experience strongly preferred, but not required.
- Must possess the ability to "sell" brokerage services to new and existing accounts.
- Ability to develop new business and customers.
- Understanding of truck transportation/logistics.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-based team environment.
- Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written.
- Effectively copes with change and is energized by tough challenges.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and timely decision making.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload