Our client is the leading provider of transportation management services and logistics technology, helping manufacturers, retailers and distributors optimize supply chain operations and increase financial performance. Offering a complete suite of transportation management, strategic capacity, and crossborder and global trade services, their customizable logistics solutions and best-in-class technology gives businesses greater control of their transportation operations and enhanced visibility of shipments and overall supply chain performance. They deliver the optimal blend of actionable business intelligence and operational excellence to manage your supply chain with certainty.
This position acts as an intermediary between a client and the company to broker freight and book loads with carriers while maximizing profit margins.
Job Type: Full-time
- Work with internal resources to identify transportation and logistics solutions that add value to the customer and the company.
- Determine pricing, both strategic and transactional.
- Enter and maintain new customer/carrier profiles in to the appropriate operating systems.
- Access and assign the most cost effective mode of transportation relative to the service requirements of the shipment.
- Enter shipment orders.
- Schedule pickup and delivery appointments.
- Source, negotiate and assign transportation providers that meet the financial and service expectations of the company.
- Communicate service issues to customer or management.
- Monitor and enter shipment status information (check calls, loaded calls, unloaded calls, reference number information).
- Read, understand, and apply information relating to shipment status, pickup and delivery appointments.
- Positively respond to and interact with other company personnel, customers, and vendors in daily operations.
- Demonstrate ownership of assigned segments of business.
- Ensure carrier performance meets customer expectations.
- Act as point of contact for carrier and customer.
- Identify, develop and maintain carrier capacity.
- Assist and support team members.
- All other tasks assigned by management.
- Requires a High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of previous transportation industry experience.
- Prefer an associate’s degree, college courses and/or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficient computer skills, including e mail, routine database activity, word processing, excel spreadsheet, PowerPoint, etc.
- Advanced communication skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to customers, clients, coworkers and managers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Basic mathematical skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration and percent and to draw and interpret Bar Graphs.
- Reasonable understanding of mileage as it relates to the passage of time. The ability to convert standard time to military time and to convert time based on the various time zones within the Continental U.S. and Canada as require. General knowledge of the locations of the 48 continental states and Canada as required. Ability to use the postal zip code to locate the corresponding region of the country.
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of the Transportation and Logistics industry.
- Keep current with competitors, industry and market trends.
- Customer Service skills including the ability to recognize the needs of the customer and effectively address those needs through active solution or communication of the need to the appropriate personnel.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
This position offers a competitive base salary