Fleet Leasing Regional Sales Manager
City & State:
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Equipment Leasing & Sales
Our client is the leading provider of innovative leasing and re-marketing solutions for the trucking industry. Established in 2003, their leasing, sales and re-marking ability & agility enables a vast variety of customized approaches to solving trucking organizations' unique business needs. Their client base includes prominent national carriers, small to mid-sized trucking companies, prominent private carriers, truck dealerships and end users.
Fleet Leasing Regional Sales Manager
The Fleet Leasing Regional Sales Manager is responsible for managing a regional commercial truck and trailer lease portfolio performance and growth while managing and continued development of the assigned sales team for our client’s Fleet Leasing division.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management of customer relationships along with the management and continued development of sales team to meet company expectations.
- Lead/manage productive sales activities in the assigned area of responsibility (AOR).
- Accountable for AOR lease portfolio unit count, revenue growth and profitability meeting or exceeding company expectations.
- Develop expert knowledge of the company’s fleet leasing products and ancillary services.
- Develop AOR plans and strategies and effectively integrate such into the Fleet Leasing master strategy.
- Manage assigned sales team to ensure a high level of productivity to meet corporate goals and budget expectations.
- Motivate the sales team to effectively achieve corporate goals.
- Monthly “Ride Along” with Sales Reps on customer and prospecting visits.
- Be a resource for sales team members and be able to join prospecting calls.
- Source new opportunities through the sales team.
- Oversight on sales team’s new lease production, lease renewals, lease terminations and lease inventory management.
- Improve customer satisfaction by anticipating consumer needs and fostering consultive relationships.
- Identify where sales team improvements can be made and develop success-driven plans.
- Manage detailed customer expectations and plan accordingly.
- Take charge of recruiting and hiring sales staff for assigned AOR.
- Implement sales training programs in conjunction with VP of Fleet Leasing and HR.
- Monitor and report on customer activity.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activity.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with other corporate. departments/divisions to achieve corporate, divisional and AOR goals.
- Accountable for sale team’s adherence to corporate policies and operating procedures.
- Planning for and attendance of state trucking association and marketing events as assigned with sales team members as appropriate.
- Protect the business interests and trade secrets of the company.
- Staying abreast of transportation industry equipment leasing trends and disrupters.
- Other projects and activities as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in “Business Management” or applicable business field or combination of equivalent experience and education.
- 5+ years of experience in B2B equipment leasing sales in the transportation industry.
- 10+ years of progressive responsibility work experience in the equipment sales or leasing industries
- 2+ years as Sales Manager or Director level in the transportation industry is preferred.
- Strong equipment leasing sales experience
- Strong transportation industry knowledge
- Strong comprehension of financial statements and best practices in the “For Hire” carrier environment
- Strong ability to comprehend and apply financial concepts and our client’s business model
- Proven strong ability to lead and be a team player
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Have positive, high energy and desire to work hard to accomplish goals.
- Effective delegator
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with advanced knowledge of Excel and Word
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, Lease, Leasing, Equipment, Trailers, Contacts, Credit, Lease Terms, Sales terms, customer sales, lead generation, vin numbers, inventory, heavy equipment, specialized equipment, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management